Breaking out a sled for today!
Man, I’m excited to pull this tool out just as summer is coming to an end. No, not a party pooper however it will give you an insight to what the fall and winter WOD’s will have as a tool for you to use.
Yes, this brings another level of Fun (torture to some) for all to enjoy. Having said that here we’ll be able to eek out some pretty decent evaluations as to how your hips are doing. What? You see there are times we don’t notice that one leg / hip is kipping or being used more than the other and the energy expenditure is higher so you end up a bit lopsided because of it.
Although you’re working out, I’ll be checking you out while you do the sled pull for that allotted distance so we’ll have a dual function with a good tool.
Rucks – 15/20# dry
- 50 x kb swings
- 1 x hill climb
Ruck run 400m
- Sled drag 200m (50/90#)
- 20 x mb sit ups (no ruck)
- 20 x wb
- Details –
- Russian kb swings (12/16/20/24 kg)
- Hill climb – no run
- Sled has strap to be used around hips to display pulling force (see above)
- Mb sit up – lying down with ball above head while on floor- sit up with mb on chest and toss against wall and return to starting position
- Wall ball (wb) – ball just below chin, looking at 9’/10′ target – Squat, and dynamically stand-up while extending both arms throwing ball to target and returning to Squat position once ball has been caught from the descend of the throw
All exercises to be performed while wearing your ruck.